Spring has sprung ... etc etc blah blah

Suffice to say that Spring, in all its springiness up and klapped me in the ear.  Big time.  To the extent that I finally got off my ever widening derrier and headed back out into the world of active exercise.  And it is certainly about time, too.

Now I've never been opposed to exercise and, in fact, I've been waiting to settle into my new job and assess what time I have available before embarking on any type of routine.  So I esablished that, if there was any spare time to be had (and its up to me to create it), it would be in the mornings.  And this morning saw me heading off to our local Walk for Life branch to join up and chug around the field.

Isn't it Run/Walk for Life, I hear you ask?  Well, um, ja.  But let me recount a painful memory and then you will understand why I don't use the "r" word - or even "j" for "jog".

Many years ago I attended a gym.  As I say, I enjoy partaking in exercise and I used to be a regular gym attendee ..... until that fateful day.

There I was, gleefully heading through the super-circuit.  Row here, squats there etc etc.  I got to the mat for my "running on the spot" stint and half way through my run I spotted myself in the mirror.  Now for those of you who have never met me I have quite a round face .......... a very round face .......... enough face to service a small nation.  And there it was, said face, flapping up and down like the Hooch-dog in the movie Turner & Hooch.  (No, no, fortunately there was no saliva flying from my ample jowls!)

And that was me.  I vowed never EVER to run and/or jog again.  Except maybe with my Jerry 'cos she loves her mother just as I am and hasn't noticed that my face puts half of Randburg into the shade when I bow my head.

So watch this space ..... a fitter, skinnier, healthier Madd chick on the way.

Happy Day! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heading Backwards Going Forwards

Driving Me Crazy

Life, Love and Exercise