With Apologies to my Budhist Friends and Bunny Huggers

If you’re a parent, and more specifically a Mom, you will know that feeling of slightly decadent relief when you are able to catch a few seconds away from the maddening crowd when nature calls and you close the door behind you shutting out the chaos. Ah peace.

You will also know that feeling of desperation when a little body “finds” you and, in a moment of awesome self-belief and true heroism saves you from your loneliness by perching on the edge of the bath and weaving endless stories into the air of the once wonderfully tranquil bathroom. Or a dog pushes the door open and with sagging eyes filled with despair demands some love. Now. Before I expire.

It is out of the necessity of really needing to park off and just exist without having to think or do or listen or talk or imagine that I commenced with the tradition of “stealing” my me time early in the morning, before I wake the family and the doggies and the birdies, before the day hums loudly with life. So most mornings will find me, just me, oh and my Sudoku book, blissfully being at one with the morning with no hint of family interruption in sight.

Until today ...........

There I was, calmly minding my own business (pun intended), when out of the corner of my eye I detected something moving. A little red spider, moving along an invisible web, upside down, at high speed TOWARDS ME!!!!!

Now I am not arachnophobic and I will even allow the spiders I know aren’t dangerous to live in my house .......... as long as they don’t come near me or my family. But this dude was pushing the boundaries!

Within a flash I had completed the process that usually takes a little longer and was standing trying to see where the little bugger had disappeared to. I eventually found him cowering under the cistern. Without goggo spray to hand I reached for the next best (and by this stage rather necessary) weapon: air freshener.

The little fella died in a delightful aroma of “Folded Linen” or some such inappropriately-called scent that actually simply smells like arbitrary flowers. Goes to show: just when you think you’re safe ..........

Happy Day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heading Backwards Going Forwards

Driving Me Crazy

Life, Love and Exercise