holidaydayfive

Considering the previous late night it was surprising that we were up as early as we were.  Unfortunately the heat wave had already been up and about for some time and as a result by the time we were bright eyed and bushy-tailed it was unbearably hot.  I had to dash off to fetch my cell phone that had been left at the Maraises ...... don’t ask ...... and stopped off to clean out the flavoured and sparkly water stock off our local supermarket shelves.

I had promised Jerry a visit to the Cape Town Science Centre.  This is one of her favourite places in the whole universe so we usually visit the Science Centre at least lots of times while we’re in Cape Town.

So in our semi-melted state we set off to find the new venue of the Science Centre.  Only one wrong turn (which we quickly discovered, fortunately) and we retraced our steps – stopped to ask (we are girls, after all) and there it was.

We spent four hours, Jerry and I, me sitting at a table in a through draft with a giant fan a few metres above me making life vaguely tolerable; and Jerry dashing about gleefully experimenting with all things science and bounding across to me from time to time to breathlessly bring me up to speed on her latest escapades.


I had a ball. I managed to bring my emails down from over 5 000 to about half that and, after my laptop battery ran flat, I still had time to transfer the data to one of my next year diaries.  Cool.  This is how a holiday should be.

Once the sun had set and the temperature had calmed down a little, we watched Men In Black III.  Wow!  Those critics who knocked the movie are deaf, blind and stupid. Sjoe! It simply rocks!

The holiday is being JUST what I needed.

Happy Day!!! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heading Backwards Going Forwards

Driving Me Crazy

Life, Love and Exercise